Back to previous page
Hospice Case Manager (RN), 32 hr/wk, Days, Full time, Benefits, Paid time off
Robinson Memorial Hospital
Case Management, Home Health/Hospice, Nursing, Visiting Nurse & Hospice
6/9/2015 8:00:25 AM
32 hr/wk, occasional weekends and call
8:00a - 4:30p & Variable
** NEW GRADS NEED NOT APPLY **
Primarily responsible for assuring optimal reimbursement for Medicare PPS and managed care patients by monitoring the utilization of services while evaluating patient outcomes. Responsible for overseeing the home care needs of the patient including being able to assess the patient/ family and develop a collaborative plan of care. Provides direct patient care as appropriate to ill patients of all ages in their homes or in community based centers. The nurse utilizes nursing principles that recognize the psychosocial, economic, cultural and personal health factors that affect the individual’s/family health status.
Facilitates patient progress to expected outcomes in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner
Demonstrates clinical competency
Provides age appropriate care
Maintains professional accountability and responsibility
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Ohio.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR proficiency.
Minimum two (2) years nursing experience.
Experience must include: minimum of one (1) year medical surgical and/or critical care nursing experience; plus a minimum of one (1) year home health and/or hospice nursing experience.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or hospital requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be knowledgeable of Joint Commission standards for Home Care, Medicare Conditions of Participation and managed care practices.
- The position requires accessing all types of patient homes within service area.