Providing state-of-the-art and patient focused care
Enhanced patient comfort and space for current and future technology is at Robinson Memorial Hospital Surgical Services Department. Thanks to a construction project that was completed in October 2011. The department includes a 19,000-square-foot addition and a 21,000-square-foot renovation of the surgery area, doubling the size of the previous area on the hospital’s main campus in Ravenna.
Eight new, state-of-the-art operating rooms include digital imaging, allowing surgeons to compare real-time X-ray images. They also feature boom-arm technology to float equipment and high definition monitors over the floor so the surgical team can reconfigure rooms and work more efficiently. Custom air handling units include ultra-violet emitters to control microorganisms. Family comfort and accessibility were also key factors in the project planning.
The Surgical Services Department has patient focused components including:
- Eight, state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Private and larger preoperative and postoperative bays
- A conveniently located preadmission testing area
- An endoscopy procedure room
- Lockers for patient belongings
- Private consultation rooms
- Private patient pick-up near the back of the hospital
- A larger waiting area for patients’ friends and family
Robinson Memorial Hospital performs about 10,000 surgeries and endoscopy procedures each year. Some of the specialties include podiatry, urology, gynecology, orthopaedics, ENT, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, spine surgery, oral maxillofacial surgery, general surgery, plastic surgery, pain medicine, and thoracic and vascular medicine.
For more information, please call (330) 297-2740.